Review; Persepolis - The Story of a Childhood and The Story of a Return by Marjane Satrapi

As I'm participating in Platypire Diversity Challenge and Literary Voyage Around the World Reading Challenge (Iran), I figured out it was time to read Persepolis - The Story of a Childhood and The Story of a Return by Marjane Satrapi. Today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
The Story of a Childhood and The Story of a Return

The intelligent and outspoken child of radical Marxists, and the great-grandaughter of Iran's last emperor, Satrapi bears witness to a childhood uniquely entwined with the history of her country. Persepolis paints an unforgettable portrait of daily life in Iran and of the bewildering contradictions between home life and public life. This is a beautiful and intimate story full of tragedy and humour - raw, honest and incredibly illuminating.

My Thoughts On The Book
Persepolis is a thought-provoking graphic novel that tells a coming-of-age story during the Iranian revolution. It also makes the modern day Iranian politics a bit more understandable. Not only that, it has humour, satire and a healthy dose of feminism.

Comments

  1. I read this a long time ago. I don’t remember all the details, but I do remember that I liked it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge