Let's Talk Bookish; What Makes You Pick Up a Book?

It's Friday and time for a new Let's Talk Bookish post, courtesy of Eternity Books and Literary Lion. The theme of the week was "What makes you pick up a book?".


There's various reasons why I pick up a book. I can't deny I love a pretty cover (don't even get me started on all the various editions I have of Bram Stoker's Dracula), but it takes more than just a pretty cover to win me over.

No matter what, the synopsis/plot needs to sound interesting enough for me to bother picking it up, unless it is for my World Literature Project, just so I can cross of yet another country. I'm also always in search of diverse reads and #ownvoices in general, especially LGBT+ books as I'm bi myself.

That said, I do have some authors I'm autobuying, such as the historian James Holland.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge