Let's Talk Bookish; How Reading Affects Mental Health

It's Friday and time for a new Let's Talk Bookish post, courtesy of Eternity Books and Literary Lion. The theme of the week was how reading affects mental health.

Personally, reading has for the most part a positive effect on my mental health as it gives me a "break" from reality and in general a lot of comfort. Reading books also allows me to see that I'm not alone, especially if I'm reading books with a mental health theme. That said, it may not the brightest idea to read books about suicide if one is suicidal, especially if the book "glorifies" suicide, but that's just my opinion (no offense against anyone, of course).


Speaking of books and mental health, I do believe that in some cases, bibliotherapy would be a neat approach for some while in treatment for various mental health issues such as (mild) depression. I wish that Norway less conservative in the approach of new types of therapy, as there's no "one size fits all" in terms of illnesses/disorders, therapy and what works for that individual.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge