Review; Monster on the Moors (A Bobby Holmes Mystery) by J.M. Kelly

Last year I was fortunate enough to recieve an ARC of the novel Monster on the Moors (A Bobby Holmes Mystery) by J.M. Kelly through Netgalley. I read it shortly afterwards, but I haven't published my review until now.

Description from Goodreads
Monster On The Moors is an MG-YA horror thriller that takes place in the eerie North York Moors of England. Clairvoyant Bobby Holmes, his American cousin Brenda Watson, and their friends, wise guy Stevie and Michael (who is challenged by Asperger Syndrome), are drawn into a deadly mystery. They are hunted by an ancient wolf creature controlled by evil witches of British lore. When one of their friends is captured, they must rely on the investigations of a librarian who is more than he seems, the mystical gifts of a gypsy king, a mysterious stranger at the center of it all, and their own wits in a desperate race to save their friend and come out alive.

My Thoughts on the Book
Monster on the Moors was an entertaining and engaging read, even if I'm "too old" for the book. I loved the descriptions, the plot was interesting and the characters had depth to them, one of them even had Aspergers (yay for diversity). The only downside is that I felt the paranormal aspect was a bit brushed over and I would have loved to know more about that aspect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge