Review; The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

Some time ago I read the novel The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova after hearing so much about it and it being on my TBR for quite some time. Today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
Late one night, exploring her father’s library, a young woman finds an ancient book and a cache of yellowing letters addressed ominously to "My dear and unfortunate successor". Her discovery plunges her into a world she never dreamed of – a labyrinth where the secrets of her father’s past and her mother’s mysterious fate connect to an evil hidden in the depths of history.

My Thoughts on the Book
It's fair to say that some books do actually live up to their hype. The Historian is one of them. I might be a bit biased as I have a thing for Dracula, both the fictional and the historial, but nevermind that.

I loved the writing style, the intricate plot and all the various layers in addition to all those great descriptions that made me feel like I was there in the book. I also noticed that the author has done a lot of (historical) research, considering all the tiny details that is in many cases overlooked (in more ways than one, either by sloppy reasearch by the author or readers that don't pay attention to those details).

I would really recommend this book, especially for those who are into vampires.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge