Omtale; Thread the Halls by Lea Wait

Even though it's almost Christmas, I wanted to read some crime fiction. Thread the Halls by Lea Wait came to my mind and today I'll post the review.

Description from Goodreads
Christmas in Haven Harbor, Maine, means family, trouble, and murder . . .

This Yuletide season, there's no time for Angie Curtis and Patrick West to linger under the mistletoe. Patrick's being needled by his mother--movie star Skye West--to set the stage for a perfect white Christmas as she brings her costar, screenwriters, and director home for the holidays. With his mother's long list of wishes, Patrick's becoming unraveled. To help, the Mainely Needlepointers offer to decorate Skye's Victorian mansion and create needlepoint pillows as gifts for the guests.

But not long after the celebrity celebrants invade Haven Harbor, an unscripted tragedy occurs. Then some questionable Christmas cookies make Patrick sick. Before Santa arrives at the town pier on a lobster boat, Angie and the Needlepointers need to trim down the naughty list, catch a cold-hearted killer, and wrap up the case . .
When I was a little girl and couldn't sleep or had nightmares, gram would bring me a mug of cocoa and tuck me in and sit on my bed and talk with me until I fell asleep. Tonight I felt myself relax as I curled up under the covers and listened to Gram's soothing voice. I might be an independent woman who knew how to use the Glock I'd hidden in the front hall bureau downstairs, but I still needed my grandmother.
My Thoughts on the Book
It was a really charming read and I loved the relationship between Angie and her grandmother. The writing style and story flows at a steady pace and it's an easy read.If you're in search of some heartwarming and charming Christmas mystery, feel free to check out this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge