Review; Roanoke Ridge: A Creature X Mystery by J.J. Dupuis

Earlier this year I was fortunate enough to recieve an ARC of the novel Roanoke Ridge: A Creature X Mystery by J.J. Dupuis through Netgalley. I read it shortly afterwards and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
There’s been a string of Bigfoot sightings in Roanoke Ridge. Do they have something to do with the body in the woods?

When Bigfoot researcher Professor Berton Sorel goes missing in the temperate rainforest of Roanoke Ridge, Oregon, help is summoned in the form of his former star pupil, Laura Reagan, online science populist and avowed skeptic. But what begins as a simple search and rescue operation takes a drastic turn when a body is discovered — and it isn’t the professor’s.

Caught in the fallout of the suspicious death, perplexed by a sudden wave of Bigfoot sightings, and still desperately searching for Professor Sorel, Reagan reluctantly admits two things: her old mentor was right about there being secrets hidden in Roanoke Ridge, and it’s up to her to uncover them.

My Thoughts on the Book
Roanoke Ridge was a really fun read. It's slow paced with lots of amazing descriptions, especially of nature. The whether or not Bigfoot exists are up for interpretation in this one, although I suspect the author is a firm believer, especially considering all the facts spread out in the book (not just in regards of Bigfoot itself). Although I really loved Laura, Saad, and Ted, especially as I felt they were well developed characters, I felt some of the other characters were less fleshed out.

Overall though, Roanoke Ridge was an engaging mystery, despite a couple of minor issues. Also, the book reminded me of the series Finding Bigfoot, which I've watched when it aired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge