Review; Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen

Although I had Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen on my physical bookshelf, I recieved an ARC of a new edition through Netgalley a while back. Today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
Catherine Morland is a young girl with a very active imagination. Her naivety and love of sensational novels lead her to approach the fashionable social scene in Bath and her stay at nearby Northanger Abbey with preconceptions that have embarrassing and entertaining consequences.

My Thoughts on the Book
What is there not to love about Jane Austen and her satire on gothic literature? There's plenty of humour as well as a commentary on class and manners.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge