Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge; Books That Deal Well With Tough Topics


It's Wednesday and time for a new Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge blog post, courtesy of Long and Short Reviews. The topic of the week was books that deal well with tough subjects and I decided narrowing it down to five books about slavery.

My picks are these;

Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl by Harriet Jacobs

12 Years a Slave by Solomon Northup

The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead

The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd

The Wedding Gift by Marlen Suyapa Bodden

Comments

  1. Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl was really good.

    I read part of 12 Years a Slave and then had to stop. Someday I'll go back and finish it! It was just so sad.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are excellent choices and things we all need to read and understand. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And yeah, it's a topic that needs to be read about and understood.

      Delete
  3. I've read none of them (and have only heard of a few). Thanks for sharing! It's great to be able to add to the TBR. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good list... I've read Sue Monk Kidd (she's from a town near me) but not that particular book. Thanks for some good ideas! My post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read any of these. I should try them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge