Review; The Drum That Beats Within Us by Mike Bond

Earlier this year I was fortunate enough to recieve a press copy of the poetry collection The Drum That Beats Within Us by Mike Bond through Netgalley. I read it shortly afterwards and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
First published by Lawrence Ferlinghetti in City Lights Books, Mike Bond is an award-winning poet, critically acclaimed novelist, ecologist, and war and human rights journalist. Based on his own experiences in many dangerous and war-torn regions of the world and in its last wild places, his poems and novels portray the innate hunger of the human heart for good, the intense joys of love, the terror and fury of battle, the sinister conspiracies of dictators, and corporations and politicians, and the beauty of the vanishing natural world.

My Thoughts on the Book
I absolutely loved this poetry collection. It was something about the writing style, topics and language that made me really enjoy it, especially when it was references to nature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge