Top Ten Tuesday; 10 Favourite Memoirs

It's Tuesday again, which means it's time for yet another Top Ten Tuesday post courtesy of That Artsy Reader Girl. The theme of the week was books from one of my favourite genres. The thing is, I have several favourite genres, such as crime, fantasy, sci-fi and historical fiction, but as I know I have written list(s) with several of these genres in the last year, I decided to turn to another favourite genre, which is memoirs.

That being said, most of the books aren't fluffy and/or cosy reads, but they're well written and often contains an important topic of some kind.

My picks are;

From the Land of Green Ghosts by Pascal Khoo Thwe

In the Name of Honour by Mukhtar Mai

Hitler, My Neighbor by Edgar Feuchtwanger

First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers by Loung Ung

Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi

A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah

I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced by Nujood Ali

12 Years a Slave by Solomon Northup

I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai

The Sheperd's Life by James Rebanks

Comments

  1. I love memoirs, too. What a fantastic list.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list! I love memoirs but often have to set out to read them intentionally or I get swamped in fiction, I'm going to use this! Great Top 10 Tuesday.

    My TTT: https://storyeyed.blog/2019/06/04/top-10-tuesday/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :-) Feel free to search for any of these.

      Delete
  3. This is a great list. Hitler, My Neighbor sounds like it'd be a fascinating read. I Am Malala was required reading for both of my girls.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hitler, My Neighbor was a fascinating read for sure.

      Delete
  4. I adored Malala and Reading Lolita. Memoirs are a great genre.

    Some of my favorite memoirs are Six-Word Memoirs, The Olive Farm, and The Egg and I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the movie 12 Years a Slave. I couldn't imagine. These all look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you. Feel free to check out any of them. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge