Great Summer Reads; Stevie-Girl and the Phantom Pilot by Ann Swann






Ann has been a writer since junior high, but to pay the bills she has waited tables, delivered newspapers, cleaned other people's houses, taught school, and had a stint as a secretary in a rock-n-roll radio station. She also worked as a 911 operator and a police dispatcher. 

Her fiction began to win awards during her college days. Since then she's published several short stories, novels, and novellas. She’s always reading and always writing, but even if she never sold another story, Ann would not stop writing. For her it's a necessity, like breathing. Most of the time, it even keeps her sane.


Facebook ~ Blog ~ 
Amazon ~
Goodreads ~ Twitter ~



No matter who dares you, no matter what lures you, do not go in the spooky old house…


When a small planes crashes behind Jase's rural home, the ghost of the pilot begins to haunt him. Jase can't figure out what to do until the day he sees his classmate, Stevie-girl, enter the legendary haunted house. That's when he decides if anyone can help him solve the mystery, she's the one. 










~ Universal Amazon Link
Audible
B&N ~ 
Audible ~ iTunes ~ 


Q&A With the Author:

1.  What do you like to do when you're not writing? I care for my invalid father. I also read a lot, and watch movies with my husband.

2. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?  I like to get up around 4 a.m. so I can write in the quiet darkness before dawn.

3. Do you have any suggestions to help budding authors become better writers? If so, what are they? I think in order to write, one must be a reader ... I love to read OUTSIDE the genre in which I write. My other tip--one I have trouble following--is to let your first draft be a first draft. Don't worry about edits until the second draft.

4. Where do you get information and ideas for your books?  Ideas come from everywhere. Some of my books are autobiographical, but some are total fiction. One of my best sellers (Stutter Creek), began with an idea from a news article in our local paper.

5. What do you think makes a good story?  I think a story is only as good as the characters. If I don't care about them, I won't keep reading (or writing).

6. Tell us about your favorite summer vacation? Or what do you like to do in the summer? Summer vacations when I was a kid meant going to visit my dear grandparents for a week. Now, for summer vacations, I like to visit places I've never been before. One of the best trips was to a haunted hotel in Savannah, Georgia!





To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge