Review; The Tinderbox by Hans Christian Andersen

In search of books suitable for Literary Voyage Around the World Reading Challenge, I ended up reading The Tinderbox by Hans Christian Andersen (Denmark) and today I'll post the review.

Description from Goodreads
'There sat the dog with eyes as big as mill wheels'

Though criticised for their anarchic immorality when first published, Hans Christian Andersen's tales made him an international star, taken to the hearts of children and adults for their beauty, sorrow and strangeness. Included here are 'The Steadfast Tin Soldier' and 'Big Klaus and Little Klaus'.


My Thoughts On The Book
Considering that I grew up with several of H. C. Andersen's fairy tales, I really enjoyed reading The Tinderbox, particularly as a couple of my favourite fairy tales were in it, such as The Steadfast Tin Soldier. This little collection works great as an introduction to Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tales, for those who are interested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge