Review; Heavy Metal And You by Christopher Krovatin

I was browsing at the library, with Library Love Challenge in mind, and I ended up borrowing Heavy Metal And You by Christopher Krovatin. Today I'll post the review of this YA novel.

Description from Goodreads
If Nick Hornby had a metalhead little brother, he'd write a book as clever, music-drenched, and observationally direct as this, Christopher Krovatin's rock-solid PUSH debut, now in paperback.

Boy listens to lots of loud music and hangs with his friends. Boy meets girl. Boy falls dippy-happy-scared-as-hell in love with girl. Friends meet girl -- and aren't impressed. Girl meets friends -- and isn't impressed. Boy meets big dilemma. Boy plays music even louder. Big dilemma meets big, complicated resolution.


With humor and heartfelt observations, debut author Christopher Krovatin strikes some very loud chords about life, love, sex, and friendship.


My Thoughts on the Book
For me, it was an okay read. I wished it was a bit longer than it was, but on the positive side, I really liked the main character and all those music references. As I'm a metalhead myself, all those music references were a bit plus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge