Let's Talk Bookish; Books as Gifts

It's Friday yet again and perhaps time for another Let's Talk Bookish post courtesy of Book Nook Bits and the topic of the week was books as gifts.


Here's the further prompts for this week.
Do books make good gifts? Do you ever give or receive books as gifts? Would you rather receive a book from your wish list or be surprised? What would you do if you didn’t like the book you were given? Would you expect someone to read a book you got them right away?
As a book dragon, I do think books make good gifts for the right person, and I've both given and recieved books as gifts. I do prefer being surprised when it comes to recieving books, as sometimes it's those surprises that could turn out to be a nice read. If I know I'm not going to read the book ever, like the social justice edition Bible I recieved some years ago, there's a chance I'll return it to the shop/store in exchange for something else. I may be into social justice, but religion is a different animal entirely.

If I ever gift books, I don't expect people to read them right away, but I do appreciate feedback once they've read the book though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge