Review; Masquerade by Cyrus Parker

A few months ago I was fortunate enough to recieve an ARC of the poetry collection Masquerade by Cyrus Parker through Netgalley. I've finally read it and today I'll post my review. As it deals with gender identity, I thought it fitting to use this collection for the 2019 Diversity Reading Challenge.

Description from Goodreads
Non-binary poet Cyrus Parker returns with an all-new collection of poetry and prose dedicated to those struggling to find their own identity in a world that often forces one into the confines of what’s considered “socially acceptable.”

Divided into three parts and illustrated by Parker, masqueradegrapples with topics such as the never-ending search for acceptance, gender identity, relationships, and the struggle to recognize your own face after hiding behind another for so long.

My Thoughts on the Book
This is a raw, heartbreaking and tender poetry collection I wish a lot of people should read. I also liked the illustrations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge