Book Tag Saturday; Halloween in July Book Tag

I found this tag at Howling Libraries, but the original creator of the tag is The Book Gypsy on Instagram.

1. What book gave you the creeps?
The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon

2. What book gives you the best Halloween vibes?
The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty

3. What’s your favorite vampire book?
Dracula by Bram Stoker, but those who know me well enough probably isn't surprised by the answer as I wrote my BA dissertation on that book,.

4. What book scared you so much you had to sleep with the light on?
Believe it or not, so far I haven't read a book that scared me so much I had to sleep with the lights on. Maybe it is because I'm so used watching/reading horror, that I'm not that easily spooked.

5. What’s your favorite book about witches/goblins/ghosts/demons?
Witches; The Hocus Pocus Magic Shop by Abigail Drake
Ghosts; The Woman in Black by Susan Hill
So far, I haven't read any books with demons or goblins, so I can't pick any favourites for those.

6. What book do you wish was scarier than it was?
Blood Cruise by Mats Strandberg - when I recieved the press copy of this book, I got the impression from the blurb that it was a crime novel (Norwegian title is "Fergen" (The Ferry). It's fair to say I had a WTF moment when I realized it actually was a vampire horror novel that didn't gave me too much of the horror vibe. People in marketing and PR; please market the books correctly.

7. What’s your favorite book that takes place in October?
The Jack in the Green by Frazer Lee

Comments

  1. Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I fully support Halloween in July. I also watch and read so much horror that I don’t get scared easily. I don’t have to sleep with the lights on!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see I'm not the only one who loves Halloween and isn't easily scared due to reading/watching horror. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge