Let's Talk Bookish; The Hype-Train

It's Friday yet again and perhaps it's time for a new Let's Talk Bookish post courtesy of Book Nook Bits. As it was a bit of a "free for all" in terms of themes this week, I wanted to write about the (infamous) hype-train.


I can't deny that I'm a little bit wary of the hype-train for several reasons, as it's a bit of are the books hyped because they're GOOD or are they hyped because "everyone else" is talking about them? Don't get me wrong, there's a bunch of books that deserve the hype they get, others - perhaps not that much (giving a stink-eye to a certain problematic erotic trilogy).

Don't get me wrong, I occasionally read a hyped book if it sounds interesting enough and to see if it's actually worth the hype and there's even a couple of Stephen King books I've enjoyed even if he's the master of dragging things out a bit at times.

What bugs me with the hype-train though is that it sometimes takes away the focus and attention from well-written hidden gems which deserve to be discovered. Perhaps that's a bit why I decided focusing on horror and paranormal books on this book blog, as those are genres a lot of people stay clear from for various reasons. That said, there is of course some hyped books and authors within those genres too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge