Friday, 13 October 2017

Book Blogger Hop; Who Is Your Favourite Horror/Suspense Author and Why?

It's Friday again, which means it's time for another Book Blogger Hop-post, thanks to the blogger behind Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The question of the week was "who is your favourite horror/suspense author and why?".



In my case, it came down to two authors; Susan Hill and Edgar Allan Poe. Personally I find them really good as they know how to make a creepy atmosphere in their writings. I remember that while reading TheWoman in Black, Susan Hill had this thing about describing things in such a way that I almost felt that I could see, smell and experience everything that happened. Edgar Allan Poe is after all Edgar Allan Poe and he is a champion in his own right when it comes to creepy tales. Don't even get me started on him, as I've analysed several of his works while at university.

2 comments:

  1. I have not heard of Susan Hill, but Poe is an excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, The Woman in Black is great. No matter how many times I see the stage version, I jump every time!

    ReplyDelete