Book Blogger Hop; Book Bloggers VS Professional Critics

It's time for a new Book Blogger Hop post courtesy of Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer and the question of the week was "Which has more power over readers: a book blogger or a professional critic?".

The way things are now, with BookTok, Bookstagram, and everything, I'd say book bloggers have more power than professional critics, especially when it comes to younger people while middle-aged and/or older people might rely a lot more on the professional ones.

While it's totally great that social media can inspire people to read more, I'm at times a bit wary of some of the book bloggers there's a minority  that actually have a bookish background so to speak, whether it's as librarians, a major in English, or whatever. Not that I'm saying that there isn't any good book bloggers without such a background, but "just because" someone has read a handful of books, it doesn't make them experts on books, if you know what I mean (and yes, I know there's a bunch of idiots in academia too, just for the record). Like, if a book blogger don't even know the difference between fantasy and horror, they probably shouldn't be blogging about books.

What I'm getting at is that I wish there were a bit more quality on the book bloggers and book influencers and that they actually know what they're talking about in terms of books, because quite frankly there's a lot of book bloggers out there that I struggle to take seriously. I just might get a bit of flak for this post, but so be it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge