Book Tag; The Autumn Book Tag

As it's finally September and thus an autumn month, I figured out it was time I played along on The Autumn Book Tag I came across over at Portobello Book Blog.

What is your favourite thing about autumn?
As I love all things autumn, I struggle to pick just one thing, but a few highlights include the beautiful foliage, the crisp air, curling up under a blanket, making use of my woodburning stove, and read spooky books.

September brings back school memories. Which book reminds you of your school days? What were your favourite and least favourite subjects?
I can't deny the Goosebumps series by R. L. Stine reminds me of my school days, as it was in part that series that got me into horror in the first place. In school, while I somewhat enjoyed Norwegian, English, and history as subjects, I have no issues admitting I had a dislike for math. Needless to say there's reasons why I did a history minor and English major at university, and not studied STEM.

What cover reminds you of autumn?
The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana certainly reminds me of autumn and Halloween.

October brings Halloween. What is your favourite horror or Halloween book? What’s your fave horror/Halloween film?
When it comes to horror novels, one can't go wrong with the classic The Woman in Black by Susan Hill. In regards of movies, this one may not be too scary, but Bram Stoker's Dracula directed by Francis Coppola is a good one.

With November it’s time for bonfire night & firework displays. What’s the most exciting book you’ve read that really kept you gripped?
I've read plenty of books that kept me gripped, but I want to recommend the Gravekeeper series by Darcy Coates, which I read this year and it certainly kept me on edge.

What book is your favourite cosy comfort read?
I really enjoyed reading The Vampire Knitting Club series by Nancy Warren. Vampires and witches who knit and solve murder mysteries? A nice combination in my opinion.

Curled up with a good book, what is your hot drink of choice?
It's usually tea, as I for the most part read in the evening.

What plans are you looking forward to over the next few months?
A major plan is visiting London, UK, in late November with one of my Welsh cousins I haven't seen in over 20 years, so that's going to be fun I think. If anyone has any recommendations on fun hidden gems to check out, feel free to let me know, as I've visited London so many times over the years, that I'm a bit tired of the tourist traps there.

What Autumn book release are you most anticipating?
Not sure really, as there's lots of interesting books that's getting released.

What Autumn movie release are you most looking forward to?
Honestly? None, as I rarely watch movies these days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge