Review; Mother's Beloved: Stories From Laos by Outhine Bounyavong

A while ago I read the short story collection Mother's Beloved: Stories From Laos by Outhine Bounyavong, which enabled me to cross off yet another country in my World Literature Project. Today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
This book presents 14 of Outhine Bounyavong's short stories in English translation alongside the Lao originals, marking his formal debut for an American audience. It is also the first collection of Lao short stories to be published in the English language. Peter Koret's Introduction explores the history of modern Lao literature and considers Outhine's writing within this broader context.

My Thoughts on the Book
Although I found some of the short stories a wee bit basic and simple, Mother's Beloved was still an entertaining read with glimpses from Laos and for that, it was worth the read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge