Review; The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray by Chris Wooding

As it is October, I thought it was time for a few creepy/spooky books. I recently read The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray by Chris Wooding and today I'll post my review.

Description from Goodreads
Thaniel, just seventeen, is a wych-hunter. Together, he and Cathaline--his friend and mentor--track down the fearful creatures that lurk in the Old Quarter of London. It is on one of these hunts that he first encounters Alaizabel Cray. Alaizabel is half-crazed, lovely, and possessed.Whatever dreadful entity has entered her soul has turned her into a strange and unearthly magnet--attracting evil and drawing horrors from every dark corner. Cathaline and Thaniel must discover its cause--and defend humanity at all costs.

My Thoughts on the Book
The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray is one of those books that sucks you right in and make you stay there. The plot is fast paced and engaging and I really enjoyed the author's writing style. The book has some amazing descriptions that makes you feel like you "see" what the characters see. Speaking of characters, they are complex and interesting. I really liked Alaizabel, Cathaline and Thaniel and I ended up rooting for them throughout the book.

Overall, The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray was a fun read and I highly recommend it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge